Newsletter

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Where the heck have I been?!?

Where the heck have I been?!?



I flew to New York as planned for BEA and despite the fact that I was still feeling icky from the flu, I had a wonderful time. My husband came with me and made sure that I remembered to eat, drink, and get plenty of rest. (Which is hard to do when you're in the city that never sleeps).





We stayed in a room overlooking Times Square, ate in lots of fabulous restaurants, caught up with some friends, and in general had fun. The buzz at BEA this year turned out to be eBooks. Everyone was talking about the explosion of digital. One high-light for me was getting to preview the new Cool-ER. A brand new eReader from the UK which looks suspiciously like the Cybook Gen 3 that I have - only it's available in cool colors and is quite a bit cheaper. If you are wanting an eReader that's the size of a trade paperback, I encourage you to check it out. I'm so happy with my iPhone as an eReader I haven't read off of my Cybook in ages.



Speaking of reading - I've read a couple really good books in the past couple weeks. Two of them were thrillers. Once upon a time I used to read a lot of thrillers. I picked up these two from the Goody Room at RT and I wasn't disappointed.




The first one is Dead Ringer by Mary Burton. I love alpha males and kick-butt heroines, so this book really appealed to me. The sensuality level wasn't quite where I would have liked it to be, but the characters were very well developed and the plot had enough twists and turns to keep me guessing.





Scream for me, the second thriller was even more enjoyable. Special Agent Daniel Vartanian was amazing character. I'm definitely going to go back and read some of the earlier books written by Karen Rose. I started reading this one on the trip back from New York, despite the time difference I found myself reading late into the night when I arrived back in San Diego and picked it up early the following morning to finish it.




Hot Night by Shannon McKenna was by far the best of the three. This book grabbed me right at the beginning and wouldn't let go. I read it on the flight out to NY. What an incredibly satisfying book. The hero was to-die-for (Zan - a delicious bad by who is reallllly good), the plot was fast-paced, and the sex was hot. 10-days later I still want more! If you haven't read this one, pick it up.



Now I'm off to prepare for a chat over at Love Romances Cafe today from 4 pm to 6 pm pst. Come join me if you can! http://groups [dot] yahoo [dot] com/group/LoveRomancesCafe/



Sam

No comments: